Monday, August 27, 2012

in my blood


My Great Great Auntie Pat passed away at 102 years old. She remained living at home and was mostly self sufficient until she moved into a nursing home at age 99. I spent a lot of time at her house as a child, she taught me to knit and I remember hanging out in her sun room playing on her exercise bike (she used it daily up until she moved into the home) and she always wore the coolest pair of cats eye frame glasses.

Auntie Pat, along with her sister (who passed away many years before I was born) opened the first florist in Tasmania. I like to think that flowers are in my blood, they definitely have been a huge part of my life. So now I'm going to share that love for all things floral and I dedicate this to the memory of Auntie Pat - She lived a creative, healthy, long and happy life - and I hope to too.

image from this beautiful blog

No comments:

Post a Comment